I'm looking
for help...
Aidpage is free!

Free downloads: GrantGate®  Federal Money Retriever®

Farm Labor Housing Loans and Grants

Published on AidPage by IDILOGIC on Jun 24, 2005

Who is eligible to apply...

Loans are available to farmers, family farm partnership, family farm corporation, or an association of farmers. Loans and grants are available to States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, political subdivisions of States, broad-based public or private nonprofit organizations, federally recognized Indian Tribes and non- profit corporations of farm workers. Grants are available to eligible applicants only when there is a pressing need and when it is doubtful that such facilities could be provided unless grant assistance is available.

Eligible Applicant Categories:
Eligible Functional Categories:

The applicant must furnish factual evidence of the following: (a) The number of domestic farm laborers currently being used in the area; (b) the kind of labor performed; (c) the future need for domestic farm labor in the area; (d) the kind, condition, and adequacy of housing presently used for such labor; (e) ownership of presently occupied housing; (f) ability of workers to pay necessary rent; and (g) with the exception of State and local public agencies, be unable to provide housing from its own resources or credit on terms and conditions that would enable the applicant to provide labor housing. Costs will be determined in accordance with 7 CFR 3015 or 3016 for State and local governments.

Note:This is a brief description of the credentials or documentation required prior to, or along with, an application for assistance.

About this section:

This section indicates who can apply to the Federal government for assistance and the criteria the potential applicant must satisfy. For example, individuals may be eligible for research grants, and the criteria to be satisfied may be that they have a professional or scientific degree, 3 years of research experience, and be a citizen of the United States. Universities, medical schools, hospitals, or State and local governments may also be eligible. Where State governments are eligible, the type of State agency will be indicated (State welfare agency or State agency on aging) and the criteria that they must satisfy.

Certain federal programs (e.g., the Pell Grant program which provides grants to students) involve intermediate levels of application processing, i.e., applications are transmitted through colleges or universities that are neither the direct applicant nor the ultimate beneficiary. For these programs, the criteria that the intermediaries must satisfy are also indicated, along with intermediaries who are not eligible.